Turntables

I am kicking the idea of trying out vinyl. It’s been a long time since I had a turntable and it took a lot of thought whether I can deal with what always seemed like the snap, crackle & pops of an album. Anyway, I’ve decided to take a plunge after all the buzz how awesome it is. Of course before I make any final decisions, I always turn to the Audiogon community for their expert thoughts, opinions and education. I’m also looking for suggestions for a nice affordable table with tone arm and cartridge. Being the fact this is new to me and I may hate it, I’m looking for suggestions on the best affordable set up I can do for a new or used in the price range of $1000/$1500. I’m sure I can get a better bang for the buck going used. I just don’t know anything about these animals. My system is older but I still enjoy it which consist of a Mark Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2+6 used for 2 channel audio, Audio Acoustics model 9 speakers, Ayre DAC for digital with Transparent Audio Ultra mm2 cables. Any input is greatly appreciated!
128x128luvrockin
I’ll recommend something unconventional:

Buy the cheapest decent used turntable you can find (Thorens, Rega 3, even a Technics SL-D2 for under $50 - but stuff plasticine inside the ugly plastic plinth! -etc), and spend the majority of your money on a good MC cartridge and preamp.
In a couple of years, upgrade to a high end turntable.
Once going vinyl, never back to digital. Except for convenience listening, as in background music while entertaining guests. Vinyl rules - Still. 
Just because the Exact hums is no reason to abandon the table. You can buy a  cheap used cartridge with better shielding simply to confirm that the table is fine. That would be cheaper than what you will probably lose selling the table. If it works then look for a better cartridge. Cheers,
Spencer 
As you all know, my first TT experience didn’t start off very good but the seller gshepardbuster  came over this morning. Having attempted several different things, we opted to try a different TT with a different cartridge on it. Sure enough it was silent with no hum or buzzing of any sort. It was a Technics TT with an Audio Technica Cartridge. He was willing to sell the TT and Cartridge at a very fair price and refund some of the money I paid for the Rega RP6. I wanted to keep the Rega for now so we swapped out the Exact 2 Cartridge with the Audio Technica AT150MLX. All the hum, buzzing and popping were gone. The sound was so sweet and I am a happy camper! I’m now afraid because I like I’m hearing so much, I’m already thinking about doing vinyl on one of my other systems. @gshepardbuster- Thank you for everything 
@ the AG forum members, thank you for all the help and ideas trying to help remedy my issue. It is greatly appreciated.