Q for any Luxman L-509X owners

For anyone with experience with the L-509X - does the "Separate" button work on your remote?

All of my remote buttons on the RA-17A remote are working except the Separate button - it doesn't work. I have to walk across the room to push the "Separate" button on the unit. 

Just wondering if I should contact Luxman about a replacement remote or if this is just the way it is?

Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjsqt
And manual for remote.
Separate switch (SEPARATE) Separates the pre-amplifier and main-amplifier each other. off : Uses this unit as a normal pre-main amplifier. on : Feeds external signals from the MAIN IN terminal on the rear panel to the main-amplifier section. • Holding down this switch for 1 second toggles the separate switch on and off. The separate indicator lights up when the separate switch is on.
Thanks for further details on this. I'll have to check tonight if it works by holding down the button for 1 second.. I don't think I've done a "long press" on the button before but that would make sense!
slightly off topic, what speakers do you guys use with it, and how does the amp sound?
I'm using Klipsch La Scala IIs and in my opinion they're a great match with the 509X. 

The LS IIs already have pretty stunning dynamics and smooth mids, as well as solid control of the bottom end. The L-509X complements all of those characteristics with passages that seem to literally move with dynamic expression. 

Big, spacious, expressive sound... I think you have to hear it for yourself, I wouldn't know what you're benchmarking it against, but for me the La Scala IIs are a pretty great fit for the 509X.

Here's a video I took of the "1812 Overture" with the 509X and La Scala IIs:

https://youtu.be/sB_wChJ0RlI

Also, can confirm the "long press" DOES work for the Separate button on the remote... awesome! Now I can switch over to my CL-40 tube pre without walking across the room.