Duelund DCA16GA

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone have try this cable? I have never try the original WE cable but I want to buy this cable for my speaker. Other candidate is supra cable.

Can someone give some feedback?

Thanks
santodx5
Does the tin coating on this wire melt away during soldering when making ICs?

For those of you who use bare ends for speaker cable, are you removing the tin coating with something like Scotch-Brite? It doesn’t seem like a very good idea for the signal to have to pass through the tin coating.

I’m debating making a set of speaker cables for my Magnepan 3.6Rs that are bi-wireable. How many runs and what configuration would work? The amplifier is a Classe CA-200 and the they will be 7 to 8 feet long. Would non-biwiring work better?
The tin coating helps give it the wonderful sound.  It is part of the design and a big positive. No, it does not melt off and cannot be removed. I know the notion of tin costing and suburb Sonics can seem at odds. But it could not be further from the case with this Duelund wire. 
I thought the dielectric was responsible for the sound of this wire?  The tin coating is to prevent oxidation.

No, it does not melt off and cannot be removed
I'm not proposing to remove all of the tin coating, just the very end were it gets soldered.  It should be very easy to get off with Scotch-Brite, right?  It should just be a very thin layer.  Copper is a much better conductor than tin.  If you remove the tin, the signal will travel from the copper in the wire to solder to the RCA connector instead of from the copper of the conductor, through the tin, through solder, and finally to the RCA connector.  It's one less layer of a (poor) conductor that the signal has to pass through.
Have you compared cables with and without the tin removed?
The tin plating is part of the sound and Duelund did not use it to ward off corrosion which is no longer an issue with today’s better wire coating.....including oil impregnated cotton. So it is there for the tone. It is a fine stranded copper wire and I would not try to remove the tin, I don’t you can anyway. It is part of the wire.

So yes the wire and cables sound better with the tin. You can buy stranded Duelund copper wire in cotton without the tin. It does not sound as beautiful.