Music Server for feeding Theta Gen VIII DAC

I've been away from audio for a number of years after putting together a system* that I was mostly satisfied with.  I took the system apart for a couple years for a living room remodel, then shortly after I set it up, my SOny ES CD player I was using as a transport died.  I now realize that I no longer know how to play music.  I would like to use some sort of computer server rather than a disc spinner for the convenience, but am overwhelmed by the choices available.  I want something simple with excellent sound quality.  Right now, I mainly want to rip my CDs to a hard drive.  I recognize that at some point in the future, I may want to use some sort of streaming, but right now, I'm not interested.  Having been to a few shops, candidates include the Cambridge CXN V2, Aurender N100C, and Naim Uniti Core.  The Aurender seems hobbled by a new change that sacrifices sound quality of non-MQA files, the Naim seems like it can't accept files downloaded from the internet.  The Cambridge seems to not have any identified problems, but I wonder if it's possible for a machine that is so affordable to provide sound quality on par with the others (although if it can, that would be great).  I have no idea what to do.
*Theta Gen VIII s3 DAC/Pre, AtmaSphere MA1 amps, Ascendo ZF3 speakers, Kubala-Sosna EMotion interconnects, Entec LF-20 subwoofers.
honest1
I have ave been considering using a Lumin D2 to replace my laptop to stream tidal to my Classé Sigma SSP. Although the Sigma and the Lumin use the same DAC, am I correct that the Lumin will give me better audio?
I see there is a notation that says there have been 8 responses to this thread, the last one by Audiotroy, but I only see 6 responses, the last one by Ricred.  Does anyone else see 8 responses, or know why it says there are 8 when I only see 6?
@honest1 when you say you want to rip CDs to your hard disk, is it that:

a) You want to also use your computer to play the music back into your audio system but your computer isn't nearby so you can't simply connect a DAC to your computer?

b) You want to rip CDs from your computer but don't really care if your computer to be in use or not when playing back music for your audio system?

c) You want to rip CDs from your computer but then you do not want your computer to be used at all when playing back music? In other words you need the ripped files to be stored somewhere else so you can turn off your computer.