Technics vs. Focal

I'm being offered Technics SB-C700 and Focal Aria 906 both at $850

One local home theater store loves the Technics while the other immediately dismissed them over the Focals.

I was wondering what this communities thoughts were on either brand?
128x128mlenow
Yep Mr. Wu, that is exactly wha we heard when we demoed them in a room 18 by 14. they were amazing.

Since then we moved into the fabulous Quad Z series monitors and at the Technics price of $1700 in the US we feel that the Quad Z series is even better so we put aside our interest in them.

We are still interested in the Technics tables. Again the new Rega P8 is by many peoples assertions going to be the table to beat at $3k so again is it worth it for us to pursue Technics.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
@contuzzi..............................

anyone who who mocks another’s hearing of a particular speaker is someone I can’t take seriously and is truly ignorant. 
most cant hear the top end anyways...basically just comparing midrange or graphs...
@stereo5 unfortunately I can guarantee you that audiotroy hasn't actually had any hands on time with the Aria series.  If he says he has, he would be lying.  It's all too obvious based on his previous posts.  So for him to say they have a hot top end is just laughable.  I'm sorry you can't see that.
Audiotroy seems to be a dealer and I wouldn’t easily assume he hasn’t heard the Focals.  Not sure if he got the chance to compare them side by side though.  
To me the Focal Utopia Bes and Electra Bes are never hot.  I can’t say that of the Aria though. 
On another note somewhat related to Audiotroy, the SB-C700 worked well with my friend’s NuForce ref9 3.0 ( sold my 3.01 ). Other than an ever so slight top end peak the combo played extremely well.