Tube info

Looking for suggestions for 12AU7 driver tubes in power amp. Looking for suggestions on NOS but affordable. Thank you in advance!
128x128luvrockin
What is your budget?

The Amperex 7316 is my personal favorite, but pricey.

I also like the RFT 12AU7.

On the domestic side the black-plate 5814s are an excellent value.
I tried the Mullard 4003 tubes years ago sourced from Kevin Deal.  They sounded fine (a bit rich) but became noisy faster than expected from experience with other tube brands.

I have been using Ron Sheldon's Cryoset Gold Lion 12AU7's but  since Ron's unfortunate illness caused him to shut down his business, I just purchased a matched pair of new production Tung-Sols from Tube Depot.  When the time comes we'll see how they sound.

I may be a bit fortunate in that my tube gear doesn't seem that sensitive to the tubes used.  More a question of longevity rather than tonality.  I suspect from the experiences of others, that Power Tubes have a greater impact on tonality and dynamics.

I have some Conn 12AU7s that sound terrific in my phono preamp. The organ manufacturers used lots of tube manufacturers, but generally tested their tubes very stringently so they're usually a good bet.
Thanks guys. @ Lowrider57, I will be building VTA M-125 mono blocks and that’s what they’ll be used in. @bbroussard, I’m not sure on a budget. I’m not a big $ spender on tubes though. I’m thinking maybe $30/40 each. I would need (4) and that’s why I’m trying to stay economical.