Hegel H360 vs Accuphase E470

I currently have a Hegel H160, but am looking to upgrade to something with more authority to power my Vandersteen Treos.

With trade-in, the price between demo models on the Hegel H360 and Accuphase E470 are roughly comparable. However, only the Hegel offers the built in streaming DAC which is super handy when not listening to vinyl (my main source).

Would be interested to hear if people have experience with these two units. How do they stack up in your opinion?

Thanks in advance!
gritter2
I would take a serious listen to the Aesthetix Mimas integrated rated at 150w at 8ohms. This is Aesthetix’s first integrated and they did it right. I heard them powering a set of Vandersteen Treo CT his past weekend and it’s one of the best integrated amps I’ve heard in a very long time. I was told that they voiced the Mimas with Vandersteen speakers so they make a really nice combo. The Mimas definitely give my Ayre AX5/20 a run for it’s money at less than half the cost. It’s a hybrid amp, so you get the tube mid-range sweetness with solid state output power. I would put it on the top of your list to listen. If you’re around the tri-state area, go over to Audio Connection in NJ and give it a listen. I know it’s a more expensive than the Hegel 360 at around $7K, but I would go with the Mimas over the Hegel any day of the week specially with Vandersteen speakers. Good Luck!
Oh...I forgot to mention...Aesthetix offers a DAC module and a phono pre-amp module for roughly $1500 each for the Mimas and if they sound anything like their separates, they will sound really nice.  
@nycklee

I was initially looking at Aesthetix separates but had no clue they offered an integrated amp! Don't see this offered many places so must be brand new? Thanks for the heads up. Likely won't be upgrading for a while, but am definitely interested in hearing Aesthetic with the Treos at some point down the road.
Accuphase is seriously pleasant sounding gear and so is the Hegel. You have to audition the Accuphase and find out. The build quality of the Accuphase is leaps and bounds nicer than Hegel. If you like the Accuphase pull the trigger. I went from the Hegel H300 to an Accuphase E-600 because I got a major deal on a demo from my friends shop. I liked the Hegel but it wasn't in the same league as the Hegel to my ears and with my Harbeth HL5's. I can't knock Hegel at all and I think the 360 deserves a fair shake but I would highly suggest you listen to the Accuphase. I'm using the DAC on my Audiolab CDP right now but have a Accuphase DP-430 on order and once I get that in January, I'll be looking at the DAC for my E-600. 

I get a lot of flack about owning Accuphase because of the pricing but I don't pay even close to retail. I have a very good dealer who works very hard to get me the best pricing. Good luck.
accuphase vs hegel lol
accuphase is on a completely different level than hegel, made in china oem gear. doesn't matter if the hegel sounds good, the accuphase amps are different class, low power high heat and heroic build quality, made in japan and constantly innovating in hardware.its been said before but hegel is mostly a software company they dont do much design of hardware, the chinese company opera audio does that. you really cannot compare the two its just silly.
Depending how much power you need you can also check out an Esoteric F-05 or F-03A or Grandioso F-1.
I have a F-03A (30w/ch) pure class A that have replaced a stack of ARC tube separates and I am not looking back. The sonic are just stunning. 
Same league as Accuphase.