Does anyone care to ask an amplifier designer a technical question? My door is open.

I closed the cable and fuse thread because the trolls were making a mess of things. I hope they dont find me here.

I design Tube and Solid State power amps and preamps for Music Reference. I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, have trained my ears keenly to hear frequency response differences, distortion and pretty good at guessing SPL. Ive spent 40 years doing that as a tech, store owner, and designer.
Perhaps someone would like to ask a question about how one designs a successfull amplifier? What determines damping factor and what damping factor does besides damping the woofer. There is an entirely different, I feel better way to look at damping and call it Regulation , which is 1/damping.

I like to tell true stories of my experience with others in this industry.

I have started a school which you can visit at http://berkeleyhifischool.com/ There you can see some of my presentations.

On YouTube go to the Music Reference channel to see how to design and build your own tube linestage. The series has over 200,000 views. You have to hit the video tab to see all.

I am not here to advertise for MR. Soon I will be making and posting more videos on YouTube. I don’t make any money off the videos, I just want to share knowledge and I hope others will share knowledge. Asking a good question is actually a display of your knowledge because you know enough to formulate a decent question.

Starting in January I plan to make these videos and post them on the HiFi school site and hosted on a new YouTube channel belonging to the school.

128x128ramtubes
@clio09, there have been two different RM-10 Mk.2 listed here recently, one at a much lower price than the other. The cheaper sold, the other is still listed at an asking price of $2450, I believe.
I'm pretty sure the unit for $2450 sold as well. A recent RM-10 buyer contacted us and indicated he purchased a unit that was in Cypress, TX which matches the location of the unit in question. Either way, good for both buyers for getting their hands on a such a nice amp.
Right you are clio. I just checked the listing, and it's closed. This one had a nice walnut base, which I hadn't before seen from Music Reference.
Hello, I have a budget system I like. It has a 25 watt Will Vincent Balwin tube amp with Coincident Dynamites. I do not have an audiophile power cord. How much do audiophile power cords help with the amp? I was thinking of getting to Anticable stage 3 power cord. 
Thanks, Cory in Reno

Roger addressed this previously in the thread. The short answer is not much if at all. The power cord should be designed such that the ends provide good connections to your outlet receptacle and amp. It should also be of sufficient gauge so as not to cause a safety hazard. I believe the captive power cord on the Music Reference RM-9 was 14 or 16 gauge. Roger used 18 gauge lamp cord for Music Reference preamp and MC head amp captive power cords. I made my own 14 gauge power cords for my components. I bought male and female IEC connectors on Ali Baba and sourced some computer grade three conductor stranded wire. They were not hard to make and parts costs per cable were around $30.