Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
I guess my question should have been more pointed: how do you know what mastering you are getting on a streaming service?
You don’t, they usually go with the latest, which unfortunately most are more compressed than the originals 10-20 years ago. That’s why I don’t stream or download, I stick with the silver disc.

Just for interest have a look at Adel 21 on the DR website,  I really liked it in the car on the radio.
I bought the cd played it once when I got it on my home rig, and was shocked how compressed it was, and couldn’t send it back quick enough.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Adel&album=21

Cheers George
@rvpiano,

My Aurender conductor app gives me complete details on original album release date, remastered year and the file bits. Aurender streams via Tidal.

For example, Dextor Gordon - Doin’ Allright album released in 1961, remastered in 2015, streaming at 192kHz. And the album sounds pretty darn amazing. 

The SQ with IDAGIO is CD quality and as good as any other service but hi res not available.
@whart + 1 million the original mastering quality trumps everything, It is order of magnitude larger differentiator than anything else in the playback chain.