What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
That’s pretty much where I spend my most of my time.
Brian Davison, every which way-- US Mercury is fine. Not crazy expensive for a clean copy. Sounds a lot like early Traffic. White boy blues shouter plus jazz and exotic motifs.
Blast Furnace- S/T Danish RSD copy- You won’t want to spend the money for an original Danish pressing. Interesting mix of hard rock and almost Broadway show tune melodics.
Air-Air (Googie Coppola) on Embryo or the Be With remaster (cheaper and very close, despite digital sourcing)- a lost voice, stunning, the band was Herbie Mann’s back up band, some stellar players. If you like jazz rock of the old style with a really good female voice, this is one such record.
To name a small handful.
Lately, I’ve been spending time in the spiritual jazz space, but the price of original pressings has skyrocketed. Some of the Strata-East catalog has been reissued by Pure Pleasure and makes the records more accessible; some of the more obscure stuff, like Lloyd McNeill, which were issued on his own, private label, Asha (also the name of an album)-the masters are gone, the reissues are needle drops and don’t convey the same way an original pressing does.
There are a million more. It’s a fun process to discover them.
PS: I'm not sure there is a real way to characterize collectors vs audiophiles as to who holds the right priorities. I find a lot of audiophiles stay with very safe stuff that has been audiophile approved and is reissued again and again. I like to play outside the sandbox a little. The trick is to find musically satisfying  or interesting (to you) material that hasn't been done to death and also sounds good. I'll often down tick a little on sonics out of musical interest or variety. I grew up in the 'audiophile' community and eventually found that very limiting in terms of musical choice. I like to encourage people to get out of the "rut" and play whatever the XXXX they like: proto-metal, reggae, fusion, hard prog, early stoner rock. Whatever. Turns. You. On. 
Duncan Browne - The Wild Places, Streets Of Fire, Songs Of Love And War

The Tear Garden (band formed by Skinny Puppy's cEvin Key and Legendary Pink Dots' Edward Ka-Spel)

Hybrid - Wide Angle
Although 90% of the time I listen to jazz these days, my interests remain quite diverse.  I recently discovered the Japanese psychedelic rock band Kikagaku Moyo that I've been listening quite a bit lately.  They blend rock, psych, prog, and shoegaze together nicely with their eastern influence.  I think they only have 4 studio albums but it's pretty cool stuff.

By the way @mitchagain, I recall Crack the Sky well!  Growing up in Maryland in the 70s and 80s they were a local fav for sure.

One man’s unknown artist is another’s very well known one. Audiogon members are unusually aware of cult-level artists, unheard of by the great unwashed.

But I must take issue with your opening premise @mitchagain, that audiophile’s "are the ones with their priorities straight". I was a music lover long before an audiophile, and my hi-fi is nothing more than a conduit to the music I love. Excellent sound is nice, but the music comes first. A fair percentage of my favorite music is of marginal sound quality; I’m not going to not listen to it because of that.

"Audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases"? Because their systems are better than non-audiophiles, they are more selective? In terms of sound quality, sure. But I know a lot of non-audiophiles whose musical tastes are at least as "selective" as that of many audiophiles, if not more so. Ah, the audiophile bubble!