Great old speakers that are as good as new ones

I have some psb stratus golds now and i really like them but they are pretty old now. Still sound great though. What are the best speakers have you owned or heard that are old like my golds that are reasonably priced today. Im thinking under 1500. thanx for any info. Kevin
flyin2jz
I have owned many speaker systems. Some with a a price tag as high as $10,000. Picked up a pair of 20 year old Fuselier,s.
Best sounding speakers I have owned. I paid $500 for them at an estate sale.
I 2nd the Quad 57's and 63's, Altec 19's, and Alon IV's, and would add the mirror imaged Dahlquist DQ 10's, the DQ 20i's, and the JSE Infinite Slope's.
Duntech, both the Sovereigen and Princess models. If you have the space and appropriate amp, I believe these two offer some of the best performance per $ available. And while I also hold the various DAL speakers in high regard, I believe the Duntechs are even better, due to better cabinet design and driver choices. Unfortunately I think John Dunlavy designed his DAL speakers down to a price point. This resulted in a few compromises, more so than with the Duntechs.

I am not alone in this opinion. For the past few years John Marks has recommended looking for used Duntechs in his Stereophile column.