Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Kalali,

Could you you explain what a reclocker is, and how to install it?

Thank you.
This sounds like you are running into a limitation of your DAC or Chromecast. 

Streaming of Redbook should be the same as CD if the devices you use are working optimally and settings are for bit perfect reproduction, after all it is the same file.
I can't hear a meaningful difference between CD/SACD discs on my Esoteric K-01X and files or Tidal into the USB interface of the K-01X.  However, the Ethernet-to-USB conversion needs to be of high quality.  In this instance, Roon DSP engine on QNAP i5 NAS into SOtM endpoints, with all components synchronized to a 10mHz master clock and powered by a Hynes SR7 LPS.  I'm sure YMMV depending on execution. 
@georgehifi "Why is the Linn CD12 sounding better than their downloads?" Perhaps because you're playing your CDs on a $20K CD player with practically legendary stature?
@rvpiano - Sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to the standard service low-res/low-bitrate from Tidal or Spotify, vs. the hi-fi, CD quality offering. So, the $10/mo. vs. $20/month offering. I was not referring to hi bit-rate resolution such as 24/96 or greater.