The Audio Doctor makes a house call

I would like to contribute  to the discussion about Dave, the “Audio Doctor.”   I live in California but, after many phone conversations and texts where he provided advice about my system with no promise of any return, we decided a trip here from New Jersey would be worthwhile and worked out an arrangement.  Dave brought a lot of accessories for me to audition. First, we repositioned my speakers (KEF Reference 5s), which really improved the sound.  We tried a DAC (Aqua) to compare with my current Auralic Vega (first generation), wireworld interconnects and several other things.  I already had purchased an Innuous Zenith server from Dave and we set that up.  Dave was very enthusiastic about my speakers (which he sells but I already had purchased elsewhere) and my electronics (Audio Research amp, pre amp, phono stage) and never suggested buying new ones.   

At no point did I feel he was pressuring me or trying to sell me something just to make a sale.  My system is definitely sounding better now and I may move ahead with some other improvements he recommended. Of course, Dave is in the audio business and makes his livelihood that way but I think he was genuinely interested in helping me get better sound.  I know that some have objected to him and other dealers posting on this board.  Personally, I have found  his postings very helpful.  Those who don’t can always skip over them—no one is forcing you to read anything.  

Finally, I met Dave for the first time when he came here and have no connection other than as a recent customer.  
fast
Ever since the Teleportation Tweak I find trips to customers’ homes completely unnecessary. No shipping costs and no per diem costs. It’s a win win. Shop smart. Let quantum mechanics do all the work.
@tomic601...……………………………

I LOVE it! I love playing vinyl again and I have played close to 300 records since I got it. I had the Prime 1.5 years and played less than 20 records. I needed an easy to operate TT so my wife would play her vinyl again as well. She is really into it now and that makes me happy. I thought I would be sacrificing sound quality but I must say (dare I), it is better than the Prime in the sound quality that I like. I am not knocking VPI as I owned 3 different models in the past (HW19 MK4 with RB300 arm, Scout & Prime), but this Technics gives me so much more musical enjoyment. I don’t have to fiddle with it, just put the record on and play.
Stereo5,  we are actually interested in being Technics dealers for the turntable which we too thought was wonderful and has nothing in common with the original SL 1200 series other than the look, also the Technics monitors are really good. 

I have no doubt that the Technics is a better table than the VPI, as the machining and tolerances on the Technics are fantastic.

As per Golden Ear we finally got a decent demo of the Triton Reference at the New York audio show by Sandy himself and we are entertaining bringing in the line especially for the fact that the Triton 3 are great for the starter home theater buyer. 

Thank you again for your nice comments and if there is anything we can do to assist you getting better results out of your system please feel free to PM us. 

Please check out the Critical Mass Center Stage Footers they are amazing, not inexpensive but mind blowing in how effective they are. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Stereo5:
I am very happy that you are enjoying your system. That is what this hobby is all about. My experience with Audiotroy’s constant trolling on Audiogon should do nothing to diminish your joy. I did not mean to rain on your parade. However, in typical Audiotroy fashion, instead of graciously thanking you and moving on, he once again put a shout out for himself and his products including subsequent statements that are backhanded slaps at other high end dealers:
"Just because you sell expensive gear doesn’t mean you have the experience to tune a system correctly."
Interpretation--others who sell high end gear don’t know how to tune a system, we do.
Having numerous experiences with Audiotroy and many high end dealers, I can tell you that I respectfully disagree.