Problem - Gain out of my cable box to my Processor

I'm connecting my Cable Box to a surround processor (Meridian 565) using an optical cable. The sound is very low, I have to really crank it to hear. Tried using a digital cable and have the same issue. The sound is normal if I use either of the same connections coming from my bluray. Anybody had this experience? WHAT TO DO?

Thanks
Oscar
Ag insider logo xs@2xmatanga
Try Hitchhikers Guide to Meridian thier web site:

http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads//ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm.

This will take you directly to thier forums.

Hope this helps
check your cable box setup. Mine have the ability to control volume output. You can switch the volume between variable and fixed. Chances are you have it set on variable (many come that way default) and the volume level on the box is set low. You can either switch it to fixed, or turn the volume up (though I would put on fixed as the digital volume controls can't improve fidelity).
I have Comcast and the same problem.
In the set up menu you can adjust for high compression, light compression or no compression, but no volumne level.

Most channels are ok , the ones that I have problems with are the Live Music Concerts. I really have to crank it up to get the volumne level.
I have to be careful when I change channels because of the huge sound level difference.
Calling Comcast does no good.