Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x

I lost the thread (pun intended) long ago.  Are we talking about best bang for the buck, however that translates into speaker terms, or best speaker up to 15K, or speaker most matching OP's preferences, or what?

Certainly some speakers seem to give you a lot for what they are, and some others not so much.  Vandersteen would be in the first category.

I wanted to know what represents the absolute best speaker value in terms of sound (& resale) that fits in the $5k to $15K (actually more like $13K) category.  Soundstage (sound envelope) is very important also.  The footprint being smaller (max 16" x 16") but can be as tall as needed.  Technically the Tekton Ulfberht's and Legacy Audio Aeris fit into that category (but just barely).
Oh, and in case I didn't mention it they will be driven with MC501's or an MC352 with some version of Mac's tube pre. Currently I have a C48 that will likely be upgraded.  

Am I wrong to think that a larger speaker in most cases will have a larger soundstage filling the room with more listenable music? 

Tannoy dual concentric speakers in the Prestige series are best, but expensive. Look for used in your price range.

Vandersteen is good, but expensive. KEF LS-50 is nice for an inexpensive speaker. Neither of them is tube-friendly, though.

I've not heard Wilsons.

Salk and B&W are underwhelming IMHO, as are most others in the $5-15K price range. Problems are that they aren't time- and phase-coherent, which as a bare minimum is necessary. I always found B&W to sound boxy and congested.

I don't know if current JBL and Klipsch offerings are as good as the old stuff was, before these companies went mega-church.