Legacy Aeris and amplification.

What is the best amplifier for the Legacy Aeris?
tmcdade
I missed answering the question on pre-amps....

Legacy Focus 20/20: Edge Amps G8 with Classe CP-700 2-box pre-amp
Legacy Focus SE:  Classe CP-700 2-box pre-amp, later upgraded to Esoteric C-03
Legacy AERIS with Xilica and later Wavelet: Esoteric C-03, later upgraded to Esoteric C-02 about 3.5 years ago; what an AMAZING pre-amp, does not get nearly enough mention!

My new Caliber XD "custom" plus dual Foundation subs inbound: will utilize my Esoteric C-02 pre-amp

McIntosh amps: I don't have enough direct experience to recommend specific models beyond having heard a large array of the latest 1.2KW and 2KW models at a friend's place who frankly has no budget limits, but others here can help you out. 

I've found the Esoteric A-02, AVM 8.2, Emotiva XPA-1 monos, and various tube amps from other companies to be more musical (to my ears,...remember it's just an opinion) and more to my taste.

Questions or want to jump on the phone on this or any other audio topic,...PM me.

@zephyr24069 interesting way to go full range. Going to use wavelet for the system ?. I did hear the Caliber XD at RMAF.
Yes I am....it will look like the following;

- Legacy CaliberXD custom build: dual bass drivers instead of the usual 1 to cover mid-bass and a passive radiator added. Bi-wirable as well for ultimate flexibility...

- 2 Legacy Foundation Subwoofers to cover bass and sub-bass

- Legacy Wavelet new 'any speaker' model with algorithms setup to particularly drive this unique combination; thank you Bill D.!

Early testing indicates at Legacy indicates phenomenal bass extension and overall frequency range behavior and coherency. I'll also get the flexibility to run with active monitors only or as a full range system. Should be fun!!!

Longer term having owned AERIS+Wavelet before, I can tell you I will have HDPlex build me another linear-regulated Wavelet-matched PSU to drive Wavelet and I will also add another Revelation Audio Labs custom-build DC Umbilical to run power from the HDPlex to the Wavelet.  It made a hell of a difference last time around and my good friend Pete out of Chicago is still enjoying that combination with the AERIS he picked up from me so I'll be getting back here too!
Zephyr, any update on your custom Legacy build? 

Can't wait to see some pics and hear your impressions. 

Wait! What? You're going to a custom Legacy "monitor" sub combo? You don't sit still for too long, do you?  :)

We must talk, give me a call when you have time!