Regards Apollo R vs. Saturn (used)

Would changing from my Apollo R to a Saturn (older) be a significant upgrade?
crwindy
I know you dont wanna hear this, but is buying a older used player that you dont know anything about better than using your Apollo R as a transport and find a great DAC? I like the Apollo for its top loading CD, older players just tend to die quicker...lasers dont last forever.

Matt M
I want to hear people's opinions. If I knew the answer, I wouldn't ask the question. I value the opinion of the community here.
Every review about the Saturn says it's an all-around better player than the Apollo. On the other hand, the Apollo was part of the best sounding system I've owned. System consisted of: BAT VK-300SE integrated, Rega Apollo and Thiel 1.6 speakers. Wire was all Harmonic Technology. I had this system in a double-wide mobile home in Las Vegas around 2005. For whatever reason, the sound from this system was what every thinking-feeling audiophile is looking for. EVERY recording instilled the feeling that EVERYTHING on the disk was being revealed (or at least 99%). Recording venue signatures were easily discernable. This was in a 12 X 15 foot bedroom, more or less nearfield listening, W/W carpeting, Masonite wallboard with an 8 X 6 homemade quilt (thanks Aunt Corine) on the back wall. I can't explain why it sounded so good and doubt I'll experience this level of perfection again (sold off pieces for various reasons, thinking I could re-create in the future). So the Apollo is capable of rooting out every bit of data from a disk and, if the stars align, you will hear them from your system.