Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Prof - bummer. I am not a doctor, but I have been paying attention and know something about the territory. I suggest addressing vitamin B, which regulates and supports neurological processes. The B complex is quite complex - a practitioner may help sort out the details. Knowing your cognitive approach, a suspension of disbelief may be in order. The down-side is practically nil.
My best wishes and highest hopes for your recovery. Tom
Prof,
 I'm so sad hearing what happened to you and would wish you all the best for a quick solution to this inconvenience. Never stop hoping that better days can came back, never. Life is full of unespected situations for the bad and for the good, now for you is the time to redeem the best. Stay with us, don't let we alone we need to help each other and if this pass trough this community it's welcome.
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  (Tom, I'll check out vitamin B.  The therapy I'll be undergoing already involves a tiny "leap of faith" ;-) )

Dan,

Wow, you are a fellow Thiel nut!  Until recently I had three Thiel speakers myself - 3.7, 2.7 and 02s.

As to the 7.2 vs CS6.  I only heard the 7.2s once or twice for a demo long ago.  But I have to admit the sound stayed with me quite strongly (or so I think).   I remember especially some miles davis on the 7.2s (and I also listened to cuts from Brubeck's Time Out, among other).   What I remember is the vividness of the sound:  the size and solidity of the presentation, the sense that there was a physical, metal trumpet occupying a specific spot right in front of me.  Not ghostly, but "there." 
The solidity of the sticks on drums, the realism and solidity of the bass drum and the space it occupies in the solo on the Time Out record, etc.
It was a special sound vs all the other high end speakers of my acquaintance back then.

I don't have near the experience with that speaker that Tom has, but my brief brush with it has me place it at the top of the Thiel speaker hierarchy.   I have no idea how that would hold up if I were able to compare them to the 3.7s over time, but that's the impression they left me.

@prof, I'll add my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery to those that have already been expressed.

All the best,
-- Al
Life is full of unespected situations for the bad and for the good.

Unfortunately the unexpected usually turn out to be bad.