The New American Songbook

Here's a link to the article.  It's a list of popular songs from the past 25 years that the writer thinks will endure for 100 years.  It's part of a series of articles on the Slate.com website.
I'm no better at predicting the future than anybody else, so I can't really say whether I agree and disagree with the songs mentioned or their rankings, but I did find the the list interesting.  Pop culture is an all consuming monster.
TRIGGER WARNING:  the list includes songs from the rap/hip-hop genre.
128x128onhwy61
I went through the list, and it was apparent from the beginning that it was almost exclusively tilted toward hip-hop and urban contemporary. If I stretched it, there were three songs of note, but none of them would be on my list, and some were just a joke. Put a ring on it?...come on. 
The only one which I believe may be around in 100 years will be All I Want For Christmas, due to it's holiday use, and traditional style.
Ultimately, it comes down to what constitutes, or qualifies as, a "song". Thoughts on that question vary greatly.
I thought the list was okay, I like many of the songs there.   Many I never heard too.