Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
Post removed 
Here’s one more testimonial, to the efficacy of Michael Spallone’s MPC upgrade. The turn-around was amazing: from the time he received my SR Tesla Apex(pre to main amps interconnects) MPC, to his delivery to UPS = 2days(that included a day of burn-in). In the three days I’ve had it plugged back in and been listening, I’ve noticed a greater sense of individual voices(vocal and instrumental), a more enveloping, cleaner sound stage and better dynamics. Everything just POPS, in a GOOD way(apparently, typical for his work). According to Michael, it should get even better, as time goes by(eargasms in my future?). My system was no slouch before his upgrade, but there’s always room for improvement, in this game. I generally do all my upgrading/tweaks myself, but- at his prices, why bother? My SR AC Master Coupler’s MPC is next. Highly recommended. Thanks, Michael!!
I just wanted to remind all of you SR active shielding cable owners with non working MPCs, that I also repair them. I can in most cases repair most non functioning MPCs by replacing the thermal cutoff. A small fuse like device that opens should the transformer within overheat. 
I am eagerly awaiting the return of my update MPC from Michael.  Should be here Tues or Wednesday.  I will post my thoughts when I get it though I understand from Michael it will need time to fully break-in.
Ian
Got the modded MPC back on Tuesday. It has improved each day since then. It’s more dynamic than the stock unit and has a blacker background. Makes everything sound more like music and less like equipment.
I highly recommend Michael’s mod to anyone with a stock MPC.