Beware of new material claims - the case of graphene

Given that graphene is quite the in vogue material for audio applications I wonder how many (if any) of the vendors selling this are actually sourcing the real thing?

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2018/10/11/graphene-you-dont-get-what-you-pay-for
128x128folkfreak
Who has the technology to apply a single-molecule layer of carbon--a semi-conductor manufacturer?  Would an audio cable or fuse even benefit from such a thin layer?  Doubtful, but some process or material is providing superior conduction in products I am using, including Total Contact and SR Blue fuses--this much I know.      
@deeperthought not sure you read the article in the original link which is from a well regarded chemistry blog. The point being that almost 100% of what is sold as single layer graphene is anything but that and unless you have the resources to assay what you are buying you’ve got no idea. I’m assuming no hi fi manufacturers test their graphene, they just trust their suppliers
Well the link I included is to a very well respected manufacturer (based in NY) that supplies laboratories internationally. They supply micro-spectrographs of some of their products. The product I linked to is well priced and contains 99% single layer graphene.
So rather than accepting an article that is issuing a broad warning without any investigation, people can find real graphene at reasonable prices with a small amount of research.
I’m sure fraud is an issue. But remember that fraud occurs for anything of value. Cables, Rolex’s whatever. People can do a small amount of research to get the real thing. 

OK, so you got your single layer or three layer Graphene in ethanol or pure powder. Now what are going to do? 😳