Do people really just not get it that their items are not selling...

simply because they are over priced? 
whatjd
whatjd

sounds like you can't afford the gear that you are lusting after because you can't afford it. When I was recently in the process of purchasing a new house the ones I really wanted were way above my budget so I wrote them all a letter and told them to lower their price so I could afford them. 
They just didn't  "get it" 
soundsrealaudio570 posts

You are so right, the CJ ART, Audio Research, Classe, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Magnum Dynalab, and other gear that I own  are an obvious sign that I cannot afford gear.

Re nonoise:  I love your speakers, and are fairly priced.  But still out of my range (literally), especially living in Alaska.  I believe that shipping from and to here is more than just small part of the issues of buying and selling that I deal with.  And with soliciting offers, there are some who will offer a small percentage of the asking price and some who are truly trying to negotiate.  I embrace negotiating, but few are willing.  But, I will continue to do the thing I love and enjoy: buy/trade/listen/sell.

Cheers
I find in my experience with selling that timing is more important than price.
I have posted items at a great price and have not sold the item  ,than actually up the price  and sold the item that same day .
it has happened to me more than once.
In my experience it’s timing more then price.
I have more than one time actually up the price on items and sold them after upping my price sometimes the same day.