Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Hi Waltersalas,
 I completely agree in regard to actually hearing a component in your own audio system.  Chris and Jonathan both did this and it adds notable value to their comments. BTW congratulations on your very successful outcome.
Charles 
This is such an interesting and meaningful discussion to me as like many here I love my Tektons with my 300B SET.........but I'm also curious as to whether I could obtain more dynamic slam than my SET provides while maintaining a good portion of the SET's midrange magic that can be so mesmerizing. I'm seriously considering giving the LTA microZOTL preamp and Ultralinear amp a try and the Lyngdorf 3400 keeps intriguing me also. The only way I'll be able to have some audio peace of mind is to try them both......... thankfully they both have 30 day trial periods. I could easily see myself settling on my 300B but I need to remove this nagging question of how these other amps might sound in my system. 

Kudos to everyone here for sharing your experiences so eloquently and without the biased animosity that pervades so many threads. As Charles stated this dialogue really does illustrate the beauty of an open audio forum. 

Tom
Totally agree... a great thread with lots and lots of information.  I can't remember if it was this one or the Tekton DI thread, but the Dueland speaker wire recommendations (from @grannyring ) totally transformed my experience with my Coincident combo.  I might be trying to sell the entire system if I hadn't put that in.  And I think it's still getting better every day (just two weeks in)...  

Thanks for sharing your experiences folks.

- Chris
@cal3713 I also find my system sounds better with no room processing in the Lyngdorf. But contrary to your experience I get excellent imaging across the stage and at all frequencies. Could be the speakers, rooms, or some combination of those that makes is work and sound so well for me.
@mac48025 I had a trial LTA system with my Tektons. It sounded great and is basically the only tube amp manufacture I would consider. But head to head with my 2170, the Lyngdorf sounded more dynamic and natural to me and everyone else I put through blind testing with my Tektons. But that's just my experience.
@charles1dad You're correct as always!

@waltersalas I couldn't agree more with your post too!