Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66

Showing 2 responses by mac48025

This is such an interesting and meaningful discussion to me as like many here I love my Tektons with my 300B SET.........but I'm also curious as to whether I could obtain more dynamic slam than my SET provides while maintaining a good portion of the SET's midrange magic that can be so mesmerizing. I'm seriously considering giving the LTA microZOTL preamp and Ultralinear amp a try and the Lyngdorf 3400 keeps intriguing me also. The only way I'll be able to have some audio peace of mind is to try them both......... thankfully they both have 30 day trial periods. I could easily see myself settling on my 300B but I need to remove this nagging question of how these other amps might sound in my system. 

Kudos to everyone here for sharing your experiences so eloquently and without the biased animosity that pervades so many threads. As Charles stated this dialogue really does illustrate the beauty of an open audio forum. 

Tom
I agree Charles......I owe it to myself to at least try the LTA and Lyngdorf. You'll be getting a call to come over to hear them when I have them as I very much appreciate and value your input. It will be difficult for anything to displace my 300B but I need to hear for myself to eliminate any nagging doubts. Time and hearing will tell. And yes, there will undoubtedly be trade offs between the SET and more power and only by hearing it my room will I know if those trade offs are worth it to me. 

Cal, I'm also using the Duelund cables and love them. 12ga for speakers and 16 ga IC's. Jeff Days blog and Grannyring's input were invaluable.

Thanks bullitt, it seems a SET, LTA or the Lyngdorf are all great options. It's just a matter of personal preferences which will work best in each of our systems. I'm glad that you, waltersalas and Jcarcopo are enjoying the Lyngdorf so much. While it's hard for me to wrap my head around one piece replacing three SOTA pieces, I owe it a try with so much praise for it here. 

Tom