Paradigm Studio 100 V3 versus the Paradigm S8 V1

Hi All ,
 I am currently using the Studio 100 V3's in a dedicated 2ch system ( music only) and want to move them to another room , I have found a good deal on some S8's to replace them in my main room , question is , would they be a step up from the 100's or a lateral move , my problem is the closest Paradigm dealer is 2 hrs away and all he has is a used pair of S8 V3's which will not sound the same due to the tweeter and the ones I'm considering are abour 3 1/2 hrs away . Powered by all Rotel separates and no subs . 

Thanks
bozoe
Thanks for all the information , I'm not really looking at other brands at this time ( as I'm on a fixed income and can only afford so much) and I can get these near mint Birds-Eye Maple S8 V1's between $1000.00 - $1500.00 , Sure I would like to be able to afford other options and I have read that the V2 and V3 are better and others that soix1 metioned might be better , but as I mentioned Ass-National Banking & Trust (wallet) can't afford too much but I figured I can live with S8 V1's until I hit the Lottery .
Again , thanks .

HT set-up :
Paradigm
Studio 100 V3  front
Studio CC 470 V3  center
Studio  40 V3  rear
PW-2200  sub
Rotel  RSP-1098
Rotel  RMB-1095

2-ch  set-up :
Studio  100 V3
Rotel RT-1080  tuner
Rotel RCD-1072  cd
Rotel RC-1082  pre
Rotel RB-1090  amp

As you can see I'm kind of partial to Rotel and Paradigm and have been for over 25 years and hate change (LOL) but for now this all I can afford due to my recent disability .
If you dont buy them for that price I'll buy them!
I had the V1 and V2 of the S4. I dont think the V2 is that much better. 
Yeah, that’s a ridiculous amount of speaker for that price. I got nuthin’ that can touch that. GO! RUN! BUY!!! NOW!!!!!

Oh, forgot to mention I had an audiophile friend who had both the Studio 100s and S8s in his system, and his impression was that the S8 is a large step up in overall performance and refinement over the 100s.  Enjoy!!!
HEHEHE !!!!  Top secret for now , going to take the 3 1/2 hr drive in the morning with some of my electronics to test drive them and more than likely bring them home . I will let everyone know the diagnosis when I get home tomorrow evening or Saturday .

Thanks Everyone .