Paradigm Studio 100 V3 versus the Paradigm S8 V1

Hi All ,
 I am currently using the Studio 100 V3's in a dedicated 2ch system ( music only) and want to move them to another room , I have found a good deal on some S8's to replace them in my main room , question is , would they be a step up from the 100's or a lateral move , my problem is the closest Paradigm dealer is 2 hrs away and all he has is a used pair of S8 V3's which will not sound the same due to the tweeter and the ones I'm considering are abour 3 1/2 hrs away . Powered by all Rotel separates and no subs . 

Thanks
bozoe
Yes they will be much better IMO. I've owned 100 v.2 and S4 v.1, S4 v.2, and S2 v.3. They were all much better than the Studio. 
You will not be displeased with the S8's I have owned the Studio 100's and heard the S8's many times. They are a leap forward. Enjoy!
If I were you I'd take the opportunity to listen to some other speakers rather than jumping on another pair of Paradigms.  Nothing against Paradigm at all, but there are tons of excellent competitors in this price range.  Three I'd recommend auditioning if possible would be Joseph Audio, Vandersteen, and ProAc -- any of which I'd take over Paradigm (BTW I had your Studio 100s in my system on demo so I'm familiar with the sound).  Just perusing the Audiogon speaker listings, there are models from PMC, Revel, Usher, Reference 3a, and Joseph Audio at $4k or less that are worth a serious look versus the S8.  Just sayin', there are lots of options.  If you give more of an idea of specifically what you're looking to improve upon and what aspects of speaker performance are most important to you along with budget, you'll get lots of other good recommendations here. 

Ill just add add that at this level you'll eventually want to upgrade your upstream electronics to get the most out of the speakers.  Personally I'd start with the preamp FWIW.  Best of luck in whatever you decide. 
Thanks for all the information , I'm not really looking at other brands at this time ( as I'm on a fixed income and can only afford so much) and I can get these near mint Birds-Eye Maple S8 V1's between $1000.00 - $1500.00 , Sure I would like to be able to afford other options and I have read that the V2 and V3 are better and others that soix1 metioned might be better , but as I mentioned Ass-National Banking & Trust (wallet) can't afford too much but I figured I can live with S8 V1's until I hit the Lottery .
Again , thanks .

HT set-up :
Paradigm
Studio 100 V3  front
Studio CC 470 V3  center
Studio  40 V3  rear
PW-2200  sub
Rotel  RSP-1098
Rotel  RMB-1095

2-ch  set-up :
Studio  100 V3
Rotel RT-1080  tuner
Rotel RCD-1072  cd
Rotel RC-1082  pre
Rotel RB-1090  amp

As you can see I'm kind of partial to Rotel and Paradigm and have been for over 25 years and hate change (LOL) but for now this all I can afford due to my recent disability .
If you dont buy them for that price I'll buy them!
I had the V1 and V2 of the S4. I dont think the V2 is that much better. 
Yeah, that’s a ridiculous amount of speaker for that price. I got nuthin’ that can touch that. GO! RUN! BUY!!! NOW!!!!!

Oh, forgot to mention I had an audiophile friend who had both the Studio 100s and S8s in his system, and his impression was that the S8 is a large step up in overall performance and refinement over the 100s.  Enjoy!!!
HEHEHE !!!!  Top secret for now , going to take the 3 1/2 hr drive in the morning with some of my electronics to test drive them and more than likely bring them home . I will let everyone know the diagnosis when I get home tomorrow evening or Saturday .

Thanks Everyone .
Hi All,
 I want to thank you all for helping me make the move on the S8's , brought'em home under-saddle for $1200.00 and there's not a flaw on them anywhere , took one of my Rotel 1062 100 wpc 2-ch receivers and my 1072 cd player hooked analog , played some Luther Allison , Pink Floyd , Merl Haggerd and Allison Krouse and all I can say is pure silk , they make my Studio 100's sound like a hand held AM radio compared to these S8 v1's , they do everything right . Aaaaaand heeeee scores !!!!!!! Thanks so much for all the help .