WHAT HAPPENED TO SONUS FABER?

I look at the new speakers.  They look cheaper and they are not as musical.  It’s like they are trying to be what they are not. What the hell happened?
calvinj
I am a SF fan.  But I hear ya.

i have the Olympica 3 and I don’t believe the build is the same as the Cremona.

for example, correct me if I’m wrong, the Cremona was made with wood slats making up the cabinet but the Olympica 3 is msg w veneer.

can someone confirm or deny?
Yep when the Master Franco passed and the company sold
to a Vulture Capitalist Org it was only time before it was race to the bottom.
The current crop lost the plot--sad.

T212
Yep when the Master Franco passed and the company sold
to a Vulture Capitalist Org it was only time before it was race to the bottom.
The current crop lost the plot--sad.

T212
Joey you are right.  It’s veneer. I hate to say this but when I looked at the Olympica and I was sad to see how they made it. I walked up and touched it and was puzzled. The cabinetry of a Sonus faber was special. Also the warm rich sound was the signature. It’s seems little by little they have started to go farther away from that. I heard the Lillium and I wasn’t impressed like I used to be by the sound of a Sonus faber. The sound would seduce you and you could listen for hours. It was also the most beautiful wood work I had seen in my life.  Not anymore. Watching what they have done makes me sad.
I am fortunate enough to have a pair of The Amati Tradition. This model is assembled in Italy.  The fit and finish are prefect and the sound is absolutely amazing.