Vandersteen 5a vs Quatro ct which do you choose?

Trying to decide. Have McIntosh 300w and McIntosh tube preamp. Listen to all music except Classical-and Rap. Room 25’ x 20’ carpet with listening spot app 12’ from front wall. Would appreciate thoughts plus and minus. Thanks
tooth2th
I owned the Quatro woods (not CT) and loved them. However, when I heard the Treo CT I thought the new CT tweeter was a big improvement. and wanted to upgrade to the Quatro Woods CT. However, the upgrade is not available. I upgraded to the 5a Carbons, which are great. However, at your price point I would go with a new pair of the Treo CT or the Quatro wood CT. Ask Johnny R. for a demo. 
then
5a carbon, better mid than the Quattro and they have the push pull aluminum sub like the 7, the cabinet not as good as a 7
they are very expensive to build , hence my comments about scoring a demo pair.
then Quattro CT, the CT is flat out sweeter and better than the 5a, which is no slouch...The 5a has better low bass because it has the push pull aluminum cone sub...

the Quattro CT is awesome

Jim, I have a feeling we will meet in person within the next year ;)....

I'm totally on board with your comments on thee carbon mid.  I would kill to get the quarto with the drivers of the 5, lmao...;).