Kinki EX M1 user comments

I’m really happy with the sound of my EX M1, and I’d like to encourage folks to post their comments as they join the user base. I started using mine around August 24, and though I was skeptical about just how good the sound would be, or that it would improve over time, I was wrong on both counts. 

Also, I hope folks will note engineering or other changes as they occur. So far, there is a gain switch and a ground jumper, and silver rather than black remotes versus the original.

Let’s start hearing from new users! 
128x128maritime51
Darn it! That leaves me out. In the cold. Brrrr....

On a more serious note, I'd also like to hear what users with the gain switch have to say about it. So far, one user said he prefers the switch in the "off" position as when it's engaged, he can hear the dilution of the quality of the sound. 

It makes me wonder if adding it, at the request of some, may have somewhat negatively affected the sound. That's not a knock on the Kinki as, to my ears, it sounds wonderful, as is (mine was a first gen model and I'm glad not to have that feature). In the end, it could very well be just a miss match of sorts with the other gear being used.

All the best,
Nonoise
I ordered a new unit on Friday. I will let you guys know what I think of my initial impressions as soon as it gets here! Will be using it with my Harbeth 30.2. Unfourtanetly, the pass labs gear will be gone when the JBL comes, so I won't have a chance to compare the Kinky vs the Pass. I have no doubt that the Kinky will be the better amp in terms of what kind of sound qualities I'm looking for. Anyway, stay tuned.
Jesus, I’ve used high gain from the beginning. Diluted sound?  Who knew....
maritime51,

I would greatly appreciate it if you would refrain from taking the Lord’s name in vane on this forum. I find it offensive and inappropriate. Thank you in advance.

Dave.