Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
oblgny

Only 62?   Ha!   You still have 25 to 30 years ahead of you to enjoy your music through a good rig. 

Just be selective, as retirement funds may not equal what you have been able to spend previously for changing out components. 

Just remember that the cost vs desired performance for audio equipment isn't a smoothly-increasing line on an x-y plot. It has a sharp elbow at about the 95-97% point, and further minute increases in perceived enjoyment can cost megabucks. 

Learn to listen to the music for enjoyment, and not for nit-picking the upper midrange sounds between 901 and 902 hz.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
Post removed 
Hello everybody!....glad to read all yours opinions and experiences matching Thiel speakers, sources, pre and amps.
I just ordered some Audyn Q4 capacitors to replace all the electrolytic one originally installed on my CS 3.6, in detail, four 100 uF/100v and one 66 uF/100V each speaker. I have read some very good impressions about this brand so my choice for Q4 MKP foil capacitor, they are 400 Vdc and tolerance within +/-5%.  I know that they will be much bigger than the originals but I already planned to install them outside of the XO board using some short pure silver wire to do the connections.
After twenty years of duty for these caps I expect to listen some improvements and no longer the need to worry about that electrolytic.
I'll report here the result once the job is done.

Happy week end to all fellows audiophiles.

Silvano
brayeagle....

Ha!  Good points.  

I went to an integrated amp because I came to the conclusion all that coming and going WAS about the gear rather than the music. Not 100%, but on more than just a few occasions I found myself suspecting 
SOMETHING in the chain wasn’t to my liking.  Dumb. 

While I dug the processes of firing up the separates, the procedures involved, the NASA-like regimented routine, waiting for warm up, running down the check list began to make me feel like Major Tom, if not altogether a major d**k. 

My last integrated was a Modwright Instruments KWI-200, no slouch by any measure. (With CS 3.6)  When I called to see if I could replace the flimsy plastic remote, I was put on the phone with Mr. Modwright himself. What???  Yes, the owner himself got on my call to discuss a preamp possibility - and I related that I had obtained the unit second hand.  He didn’t mind.  Modwright will top my return list. 

And Thiel. 

While this submission may have wandered off the reservation a bit so far as subject matter, my single most reason for being here in the first place  begins with Thiel. Kids, these speakers make ANYTHING sound better no matter what gear you own. At first. 
Then it becomes a pursuit to find better amps, better preamps, cables, sweaters, socks, and underwear.  In a word, Thiel rocks.  On the used market they are incontestable bargains.  As I’ve said before, Thiel is an investment not an expenditure. They’re worth every penny owning, maintaining, and enjoying. 

There red is no better resource for “ Thielia “ than this thread - it is fast becoming the most contributed-to thread on the site. 

Thiel reveals!

beetle - point taken, many amps are not rated to 2 ohms, so we don't know their capability. It would be very instructive if you could learn the 2 ohm behavior of your Ayre amp so that we can learn from your experience. I have heard only praise of Ayre, but have never heard one myself. My theory predicts that it should do well into 2 ohms for it to meet your sonic requirements so well. Please report if you can supply such performance information to us.