Aries 1 JWM 10 Tonearm replacement or upgrades?

I have an original JWM 10 arm with the threaded counterweight on my Aries 1 turntable. Is there a suitable drop-in upgrade tonearm available or is there a set of upgrades I can do to maximize the existing arm as best bang for the buck? It has the original Discovery tonearm wire as came from the factory also.

Thanks for your input!

Have a great weekend!

billandsol
@brf may be correct; he usually is.

My own experience is a substitution of the 12" 3D arm for an original on a very original 12" base. As I wrote above, I did need to change the original lower bearing for the "spike" now used. At its closest point (which is just after leaving the rest position) the larger azimuth side weight clears the tower by about 1/2 inch. While on the record the distance is far larger.

On the pictures of the arms at the VPI site though, the azimuth side weights of the 10" arms seem quite a bit smaller than those of the 12" arms.

So who knows, but best to figure it out before purchase.
@melm, my comments are in reference to the 10 series of VPI JMW tonearms. 

If you have an original or later production JMW 12 metal arm, you may have to change out the fluid reservoir pivot point for the newer spiked pivot point to be compatible with the JMW 12-3D printed tonearm.  Azimuth side weight and VTA tower clearance is not an issue with JMW 12 tonearms. 

I really appreciate all the input on this thread!! I have done a bit of research and am wondering if my tonearm with the screw-on counterweight arrangement can be modified to accept one of the drop counterweights? I just bought a Dynavector 20x2H and thought that it might be possible to do the drop counterweight and then go to an upgraded armtube for a significant improvement? Motor upgrade is available for $300, worth it?

Thanks All !!

Yes, the original JMW 10 tonearm with the threaded counter weight can accept the new style tear drop counter weight without any modification.  A simple, inexpensive and worthwhile upgrade would be to change out the conical pivot point assembly for the newer spiked pivot assembly.  The end user can perform this replacement without any modification to the tonearm VTA tower.
You all rock and I am looking to get to a 12" super platter and a jwm 10" 3 D arm as major upgrades to my tt. Has anyone used isolation bases? HRX feet worth finding? My understanding is the verion for Aries 1 is no longer made. Have a great weekend !