Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Finsup: I have a 7.4 HT system with all 100-S3 drivers. I use Yamaha's YPAO (RX-V763 with external amps), and it works fine. I also have a 2.1 system with 2XO's; an older HTR-5990's YPAO (no amps) works OK there as well.

Rbf1138: In my 7.4 system I have four Epik Empires, with the Empires EQ'd using an SVS AS-EQ1, x-overed at 80Hz. My 2.1 system uses an older ACI Titan XL with no EQ on the sub, x-overed at 80Hz. I also have a 4.1 system with two Microwalsh Short omnis for the mains. The sub is a Paradigm Ultracube 10, EQ'd with an Anti-Mode 8033, x-overed at 100Hz. All the subs work fine with the Ohms. I also have used the inexpensive Behringer 1124 Feedback Destroyer as a sub EQ and gotten good integration with the Ohms.
Frankly, I don't have the time, patience, money or know-how to EQ my sub/system. Right now I'm just trying to get the Velodyne setup so that I'm happy with it using it's built-in controls. An issue I still can't get past is that from album to album, artist to artist, the volume of bass will vary hugely.

I'll put on Deerhoof, and the bass will be waaaay too overwhelming and overpower everything. Then I'll throw on the Walkmen and it's nice and tight. I feel like I shouldn't have to be tweaking controls on the sub every time the song changes!
"An issue I still can't get past is that from album to album, artist to artist, the volume of bass will vary hugely. "

That's inherent largely in recordings.

Each recording usually requires unique processing in order to get all to sound a certain way. There is no single or easy solution. Pursuit of this will likely be time consuming at a minimum and fruitless at worst. Recordings are what they are, not what people might want them to be.

I shoot to avoid too much, fat or inarticulate bass with any recordings, even the most bass heavy ones. THen the rest will fall in line as best possible and usually quite well from there bass-wise. A sub can help but can also be quite hard sometimes to blend in by ear. Patience and good ears are needed!
I suspect some of the most frustrated audiophiles that can't get off the merry go round out there are those that are bass focused and have unrealistic expectations of their recordings to all sound exactly the way they would like.