Upgrade from Pass Labs XA30.8 to X250.8. Worth it?

I am getting ready to make some upgrades to the system. I currently running a DAC into a BAT51SE, then a Pass Labs XA30.8, then finally into Decware DM947 speakers (don't worry if you've never heard of them; not the last word in speakers, but have been doing a solid job for about 5 years now.)

I am contemplating moving up the Pass Labs amplifier line, and the X250.8 looks attractive. I would like to hear more bass authority and definition, but I don't really want to sacrifice the mids and highs of the 30.8. 

I would love to hear some of your impressions of the X250.8, especially if you are able to make some direct comparisons to the XA30.8. I've spoken with both Mark at Reno Hifi, and Kent English of Pass Labs; both are wonderful and informative people. What I am interested in now is the opinions and experiences of end users of either of these amps. 

Thanks! 
willrich47
A few months ago I listened to both (250 & 30.8) and some other amps driving a pair of Danish, not very sensitive, spkrs. Between the two, the 250.8 had much more driving authority but the 30.8 won on timbre and sound quality overall. If I remember correctly, your Decwares are xoverless and very sensitive, so I cannot say if the added power will give you what you are looking for since the 30.8 by itself should be powerful enough to drive them well. Perhaps repositioning your spkrs could help? Then again, one can never have too much power, can one:)
Really hard to find some specs on the DM-947's but I found this
" its highly sensitive with a smooth impedance curve"

If this is true, stick with the XA30.8, it will sound better so long as you don't want to throw a rock party with it.

Cheers George 
Greg, thanks for the comparison. Exactly on point. I just wonder how many people make the switch after hearing them side by side?

George, I did some research a while back on the DM947’s. I tracked down what I believe is the actual driver for the speaker. It’s called the “Silver Flute.” 

The drivers themselves appear to be relatively inexpensive (hence not highly advertised), but they do sound a lot better than the parts price suggests. They do have the benefits of a crossoverless wide-bander.

You can find them here: 

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/silver-flute-w20rc38-04-ohm-8-wool-cone/#prod...

If you're sticking with sensitive or ultra sensitive speakers, you might want to investigate, instead, the Pass XA25.  Some people who've heard it and the 30.5 prefer it.
willrich47 -

Another +vote for Mark and Kent- those guys know Pass Labs amps.How do you like the B.A.T. / Pass Labs combo?
Happy Listening!