A DAC that crushes price vs. performance ratio

I felt strongly that I wanted to inform the Gon members about a new DAC that ranks with the very best on the market regarding performance, but costs around $2,000.00.  The Lab12 DAC1 SE was compared to three reference level DACS that retail for over $12.000.00 in my review for hometheaterreview.com and was at least on the same level sonicly, if not better.  This DAC from Greece is not just "good for the money" but competes with virtually anything on the market regardless of price!

For all the details about the Lab12 DAC1 SE performance and what other DACS it was compared to take a look at the review.  If you are shopping/looking for a new digital front end to drive your system, you owe it to yourself to check this DAC out, unless you like to spend tons of more $ without getting better performance.
teajay
I don’t know what it is but I don’t like Audio Note equipment (post Kondo-san), except for the AN-E speakers and their DACs. Somehow they got that right, my opinion of course. That being said I have used the Lessloss DAC 2004 MkII now for 12 years. It oversamples and I’ve tried the NOS DACs too, but this one has stayed. The only other DAC I enjoyed as much was the original Monarchy Audio M-24 referred to me by Lynn Olson and Thom Mackris (Galbier Design). If an analog and turntable manufacturer likes a DAC you take notice.

Okay so I’m looking for another DAC. I use a CEC transport slaved to the Lessloss in a small bedroom system. I have a NOS DAC I now use temporarily in my main system. Somewhat special, but perhaps not the end game. The two DAC manufacturers that have caught my attention so far are Metrum and Denafrips. I can tell you right now as an analog tape and vinyl guy I am not pulling the trigger on either, but it is fun to look.

@roxy54 - sometimes the best DAC is the one you are currently listening to. I happen to think you have an excellent DAC.

Roxy54 does own a very good DAC.  The Lab 12 could be better yet.  The only way to sort it out is to get the DAC  into his system and just listen. All else posted here ( including my comments) is merely speculation albeit well intentioned. 
Charles 
Charles,
I know you too well...I know that you weren't trying to discourage me. As I said; I am being a little lazy and impractical. 
Many years ago now, John Rutan introduced me to my first AN DAC, the Zero something, can't remember exactly, but it was their lowest model and it had the miniature tubes that were soldered in. It was a revelation and I kept it for years. When I was finally ready, I had the ANK 2.1 built for me and again, it was a happy revelation. You are correct clio09, it is a good piece. I know of course, and I can sometimes imagine while listening, that there is room for improvement, but it is so natural and believable to my ears that I know the designer was on the right track. I'm sure that I would probably be happy with several of these fine DACs, but I'd better slow down and think a bit.   
roxy54 said..."If you’re an ordinary guy, like myself, and not an electrical engineer, this can really become confusing and intimidating. This is something that we didn’t have to deal with way back when. I was reading a review of a DAC last night, and I was honestly lost with 90% of the explanation of the piece technically."

I agree...I think when there is not much else to say about a product under review..technobabble is used for fill. It can be helpful at times, but does take away from the actual point of reading a good review...which should be more about 'quality of sound' first and jargon latter..if at all.
Reviewers always amaze me with how much manufacturer’s text they use in their reviews. I’m sure a lot is justified, such as essential product features. But their borrowed texted often extends well beyond that basic info.