Solid State vs. Tubes - What if Transistors came first?

What do you guys think?

If transistors came first, and then decades later tubes were invented, would we have any tube amps we would call high end?

Wouldn’t they all fail to reach the height of performance and transparency set by transistor amps?

Best,

E

P.S. I love Conrad Johnson. I'm just wondering how  much of our arguments have to do with timing. 
erik_squires
Analog recordings are almost non existent nowadays.  I have heard great DDD recordings and analog...so much goes into the final mix.  Why argue anyway?  We have both available for our needs!  Enjoy what moves you.
Class A also consistently sounds more pleasing to me. I would not dare to say it is more natural, believable, or something like that, but it does tickle me right. So does "loudness" button more often than not, I sheepishly admit.
“Solid state is more convenient.”

Out if the mouths of babes....

So, gentle readers, it all comes down to precisely the same reason why most people prefer digital. Convenience. Why didn’t he just come right out and say it and spare us all the philosophizing?
Yes, I think loudness is a reflection of wanting to hear the dynamics and inherent dynamic expression that exists in “live” events!  That is what tells our ear/brain that we are in the presence of a live event...walking past a bar with a live act, right?  You know when it’s live...the dynamic range gives it away.