New Technics SL1200gr, anyone taken the leap.

Any one here taken the leap on one? In a vintage retro way it is interesting looking
thepreludeimplicit
@last_lemming  can I ask what music you spin? I am looking at both tables but read that the GR is better for a faster, more dynamic sound with excellent bass extension vs the VPI.

What are your thoughts on the tables?
Thought about getting one, have not found anyone stocking it in Kansas City. Guitar Center has them in their warehouse but none of the KC locations have a demo unit available to listen to. Looks nice and will probably last forever. I am very happy with my 6 yr old VPI Traveler with AT ART9 cartridge. 
I spin primarily jazz with some classic rock, progressive rock, roots and folk. Almost no classical. Its been years since I have heard a VPI, there are no dealers in my area. Although, they have a great rep, the continual introduction and discontinuing of models I find very disconcerting (especially the past few years). I come from having my Rega P3-2000 for many years so I am used to listening to  a lively sound. Maybe you can take my comments from that perspective. By the way, I have left the adjustable torque on the factory setting of "fast". I want to get used to the sound  befoe I play with it. My dealer has not played with this control either.
@last_lemming can I ask what music you spin? I am looking at both tables but read that the GR is better for a faster, more dynamic sound with excellent bass extension vs the VPI.

What are your thoughts on the tables?

I Listen to all types. From Miles Davis, to Pink Floyd, Cash to Led Zepplin. 

Bass is is great on both and so it mids and treble. Understand that each table is in a different system. Honestly the VPI excels at soundstage, but the GR isn't that far behind and ease of use and the ability to switch head shells is a big plus. 
One thing I am learning on the technics tables is the anti skate does not have to be set at the same as the VTF as they say in the manual.  I have found it is best set by ear.  I have a Lyra Delos and the anti-skate I set at .5.  It does not need lots of anti-skate at least to my ears.