Phono cable and preamp for soundsmith Carmen mk2

A year ago I decided to update my stereo system and soon after also thought I should be able to play my vinyls (not played in 15-20 years).
I started of with a modest turntable, a used project 2Xperience SB(~1500$), supplied with original turntable cable (PRO-JECT CONNECT-IT E for ~50$). Cable has low capitance but is porly shielded.
Didn’t have a clue about what pickup to choose. After a recommendation I purchased a Soundsmith Carmen Mk2, a moving iron cartridge. I believe it can be used with an improved setup.

For preamp I bought a project Phono Box DS2 USB(~500$), I thought it would be nice to be able to record some of my old albums. I did set it up with a optic cable towards my amplifier. Something was missing, I learned that it was a mistake to use optic cable, the sound was clear but not analog. Now I use a Pangea Premier Interconnect (RCA) between phono preamp and amplifier.

This weekend I have evaluated better turtable cable, a Oyaide PH-01RR RCA-RCA (170$) with total capacitance:160pF (cable 100pF/m ). It was an improvement, mostly due to shielding I belive.
It is said to be designed for MM, but to my knowledge has rather high capitance: http://www.canyonaudio.si/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/PH-01RR_release-ENG-PDF.pdfWhat
I have now learned that MM cartridges should be used with cables of low capitance, I assume that is valid for MI as well. One of the recomended, at my current price range and knowledge, is Furutech AG-12 R4(~500$). Do not know if the furutech is the best for MI/MM.

- Any suggestion regarding turntable cable (2rca->2rca+ground)?
- What are the parameters I should look into?
- Should I go for a silver cable? Shielding and contacts?

Considering updating phono preamp to Soundsmith MMP3 mk2 Phono Preamp, should match the Carmen. Can’t find many reviews. Max phono preamp cost perhaps 1500$.
The aim is that the preamp could be used with a better turntable, perhaps a VPI scout. Will turntable cable caracteristics have impact on the MMP3 settings and finally sound properties/quality?

I’m not a true audiophile but I appriciate ”good” sound quallities!
I do not have possibillty to try to many types of cables due availabillity and distance to shops.

Regards 
Hakan

Ps Sorry about the poor english, I from Sweden :-)

hook68
Gold Note PH10 it's very flexible with lot's of flexibility and should fit your budget.
”Classic mistake of spending too much on cables.”
I know those Furutech are expensive, that’s why I ask the question.

What kind of cables do you suggest? And why please.

For tonearm DIN connector, LPGear makes several well priced low cap cables. For RCA output jacks, Blue Jean cable (their standard offering) is as low cap as one can get in reasonable size.
I run a Carmen mk.II on a VPI Prime with a Parasound JC3+ and use Purist Audio Design, the Venustas (<sp?) family for the phono cable. I got my cable used.

Sounds dynamic mic and natural.

Highly recommend cable and phono pre.

by the way The Cable Company will let you audition as many cables as you want, then when you decide what you like, you order through them. I did that. Loved the experience.