How do you store and catalog your vinyl?

Just curious how members store, sort and catalog their vinyl collection.
With less than a 1000 I have a hard time remembering just what I already own and have purchased duplicates by mistake whilst at the LRS.

How do you store them?
How do you sort them? Alphabetical or genre or year?
Catalog? In the good old days probably in a note book modern equivalent would be a word document or excel spreadsheet.

Very interested to hear what you do and how you manage that massive collection.
128x128uberwaltz
My previous reply was maybe a bit fallacious.  Truthfully, I divide my albums into "classical", "jazz", "rock" and "folk" music.  I also have a "new album" section, and a "current interest" section, which are somewhat intermingled.  I have a small stack that is in current rotation.  I have about 400 albums, and never have any problem finding what I am looking for.
Ikea Kallax is a Godsend. I have many of them to house my 4,000+ vinyl, organized alphabetically, with separate sections for rock/pop, jazz, audiophile and classical. I have never seen the point in cataloguing them, except that it might prevent acquiring more than one copy by mistake.....
Agreed on Ikea, I hauled 5 units up from Orlando in my old El Camino, poor thing was dragging its behind with the weight....lol.
Of course couple months after that they opened an Ikea in my town, go figure!
I've separated my albums and CDs into two broad categories, Jazz/Blues and then everything else (Soul, R&B, and soft Rock). I sort them by the first letter of the artist or group name.   I have about 1,200 albums - some of which I don't listen to much or not at all anymore.

I store the ones I listen to the most (about 400) on wooden album racks in my basement listening room.  The rest I store in plastic album holders that I bought back in the 70's and 80's, when I was growing my collection.  For easy access, I place those on home depot storage shelves in my basement utility room.  

I keep two of the plastic holders in my listening room to hold music that I rotate in and out of "bulk" storage.

The Ikea KALLAX is the best deal around. I like the EKET even more, but it’s cost-to-capacity ratio isn’t as good. It’s worth it to me.