If you still spin CD's their is a reference level Transport for reasonable money

I just got in-house the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 transport to review for hometheaterreview.com.  The build quality and physical appearance make it hard to believe that it retails for around $2,400.  Right out of the crate not even broken in yet, it's out performing my CEC double belt transport in the reference system.  It retains all the liquidity and analog smoothness of the belt driven transport but offers more details, tighter bass frequencies, and a larger layered soundstage with more air between the players.

Alvin, of Vinshine Audio set this review up with me, so if you go to his website you can get a lot more details/pictures on this transport.  The reason I was motivated to review a CD transport was I received scores of requests from my readers asking what is a great sounding transport, for a reasonable amount of money.  So far, in spades the Jay's Audio CDT-2 MK3 fits the bill easily.   
teajay
Hi aolmrd1241,  I  have the latest fpga  up date on the ps audio direct stream memory dac and matching transport,  also the latest new transport with the new firm ware 3.06, the fpga is 0.02,,, I just got a brand new transport after sending the other one back,  just now got 200 hrs on the transport,  the other one stopped working because the firm ware would not work with new up dated transport in the transport , I  ignore silly comments like teajjay said,  Although I respect the gentleman,  an example of what I'm saying here, It is silly to believe a red book only transport will sound better than a transport that up samples all red book to dsd, hope you believe that as well,  cheers 🎼🎶🎵
Hi audiolabyrinth,

Thanks for calling me a gentleman and respecting me.  However, your statement that for me to say, based on actual listening experience, that it is "silly" that a transport that just delivers standard Red book cannot sound better then a transport that up samples red book to DSD raises the question that higher sampling rates are superior sonicly to red book sampling rate.  My reference DAC only does Red book using NOS chips and I find it's presentation much more musical then DSD based DACS.  
Hey Mike, Let us know how the I2s works between the transport and the Denafrips terminator dac. I think it suppose to be the best input for the Terminator.

I use the Terminator with the PS Audio Memory Player using the I2s connections and it sounds really good. 

This transport sounds very interesting being that I’m using a PS Audio Transport! Is silver the only finish available?

I also do not care for Any Upsampling/Resampling...

Thanks,

Wig