Suggestions for an amp

It has been suggested that I should look at a different amp to get the best sound out of my speakers. 
I have a Yamaha Aventage RX-A830. Front speakers are Monitor Audio Silver 8. 
I am mostly interested in something to provide the best sound while listening to music but also be decent for HT. I have an Orbit with a Grado Black 1 cartridge for vinyl. 
I am not looking at spending a ton of money and will definitely consider used (I am looking at several on this site). 
Many thanks!
128x128granburyspring

Agreed, that's why I suggested putting in a big amp.  When I suggested Emotiva, I was really thinking of the bigger XPA amps that they have.  That UPA 700 is somewhat weak in the power supply department.

Yeah, the Hegel H160 would be absolutely awesome to drive those Monitor Silver 8.  It does include a pretty good digital DAC, but it does not have a phono input (so you would need a separate phono preamp).

The Parasound Integrated is going to be a warmer amp with not as much high frequency detail/air, but you might want this with those bright Silver 8 tweeters.  However, the Parasound Integrated includes a phono input as well as a bass management crossover system.

The Marantz are nice, but they aren't that big of a power supply (only 70 watts / channel) and they are going to sound warm/slow like the Parasound.

Otherwise, I have a couple of Emotiva XPA-1L 250 watt monoblock amps that I have not put up for sale yet for $650 plus shipping (or $850 loaded with Furutech rhodium fuses).

As the other guys are alluding to, you probably want something more than the Marantz.  The Silver 8s drop to 3.5 Ohms in the midrange, which is not uncommon, but the P8006 puts out 70wpc and only rises to 100wpc into 4 Ohms indicating the power supply is probably not be up to driving your speakers fully.  It only weighs 26 pounds, so these limitations make sense.  By contrast, the Hegel weighs 42 pounds and puts out 150wpc into 8 Ohms and 250 into 4 that your Silver 8s could surely make good use of.  $1600 is a very nice deal on this amp, and you'll thank us once you hear it with your speakers.  
LOL...I'm definitely going to see if I can swing it...

Don't think I mentioned in the beginning...I actually picked these up at a consignment shop beyond reasonably priced. I think people thought the speakers did not work because the links were missing.

They were going to replace my B&W DM640i's that I have had for 25 years. I am guessing if I hooked these up to the Hegel they would take on a new life as well.
I own an Anthem MRX710. I picked it up for $900.00 It is SWEET. It delivers more detail than I had hoped for. Look for one! Good luck Joe
Musical Fidelity M3si will give you more than enough power and a great sounding DAC. If you can swing it go for M5si although you don't need it.