Tri-Planar Vll "SE Upgrade"

Contemplating  sending my Tri-Planar Vll back to Tri Mai for his "SE Upgrade". Essentially, same carbon fiber wand and internal silver wire and leads used in his 12" U12 arm. Anybody done the dirty deed?  If so, better, worse or pretty much the same. 

I've only seen one post on the subject and that person seemed more than happy.

Thanks to anyone who responds with personal experience.  No conjecture please. 
128x128rfogel8
R
the poster with the issue claims to have 30-40 cartridge so testing your theory not so difficult if he is so incline...
arm
cartridge
table
setup
test record damaged
so what is it ?
poster seems mute since Peter did his test
one would think common courtesy would post up a thanks to Peter....
Dear @tomic601 : I don't know what you men from your post.

Things are simple: first I hve no theory at all but facts tht any one can attest as @lewm or tht Audio review and second LP grooves tracking belongs to the cartridge self abilities specs and not to the tonearm..

What' the big deal? which your reason to your post?.  Sorry, I can't understand.

R.
@rauliruegas we are in agreement IF everything else in tge system is working..I think if you read the thread including the big detour, you will better understand my comments....
Re what Raul said about my experience mating an Acutex LPM320 with compliance = 42, per factory literature, with FR64S using Dynavector headshell which is a bit lighter than a stock FR headshell, it's fantastic, and I hear no bass rumble which you might expect with such a low resonant frequency based on the math.  However, the system is on a poured concrete floor in my basement, and the turntable (TT101) is resting on a large slab of very dense styrofoam used for shipping heavy yet delicate objects.  (Better than any "audiophile" shelf, IMO.) Plus the tonearm mount board is custom made from about 5 lbs of aluminum and heavily damped, plus the FR64S is sitting in a B60 base that also adds mass. Perhaps this is why I don't have an issue.  Add to this the fact that the quoted compliance of 42 is probably referenced to 100Hz; so it would be much lower at 10Hz.  And add to that the age of my NOS Acutex which may serve to lower compliance due to stiffening of the suspension.  This combo is sounding right now to be very slightly superior to a brand new Audio Technica ART7, running next door on a highly tweaked Lenco with a Dynavector tonearm, into the same downstream system. 

I agree with Raul's point that the resonant frequency of the system might not be so important at frequencies well above resonance, which includes all of the music. Unless resonance is excited.
@atmasphere the two discs you cut, are those available? IF I never hear the cannons again it will be toooooooooo soon....
Some of the LPs we cut are on the Nero's Neptune label. The LP I use for reference was not mastered by us- that was done at the Mastering Lab by Mike Reese and Doug Sax. But I have the master tapes- I know what that LP is supposed to sound like. Its called Canto General; a friend of mine came across several sealed copies recently- PM me if interested.
that’s untrue for say the least. Resonance frequency between cartridge y tonearm is like any other parameter: something to take in count but cartridge/arm combination out of 8hz-12hz or even 7hz normally has no problems of mistrcking and certainly with " moderate modulation " never happens.

Tracking abilities depends more on the self cartridge abilities than the tonearm in which is mounted.
This statement is false. Its well known that the resonance target of 7-12Hz plays an enormous role in how well a cartridge will behave in an arm, especially if heavy modulation, warp or non-concentric grooves are involved.  Further, the idea that the arm plays no role in the tracking abilities of the cartridge is ludicrous and is easy to demonstrate :)