Help me upgrade my speakers?

I have a pretty small space, and am dissatisfied with bass extension, as well as "airiness", and "transparency".  I have heard a similar setup to mine, but with a set of huge Dunlavy's.  It sounded great!  So I think my overall hardware is solid, and perhaps I'm lacking in the speaker department.  I've had the Dynaudios for quite a few years. 

The recent upgrade of the Bryston power amp, and Bryson preamp has added better bass extension, detail, and "quickness", and even a nice sound stage increase.

I currently have the following:

Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MkII speakers
Bryston 4BSST power amp
Bryston BP-25 preamp
Rega Aria phono stage
VPI Prime Scout turntable

I've toyed with the idea of a set of Totem Element Fire, or maybe B&W 805D3.  I'm looking for recommendations for a smaller space.  Would love to hear Agon's ideas.
tre9901
Dyn Contour 20. It's not quite as laid back as the 1.3 MKII. Bass is pretty impressive too. Mids are also a hair more forward. My personal opinion. Everyone has their own opinion.
What are your room dimensions and where do you have your speakers placed?  What cables, interconnects, and power cables are you using?  
Fritz speakers always come highly recommended,as well as Reference 3a de capo. Myself,I run Nola Boxer 2's. I find them to be very balanced. YMMV.