Which magnepan

It’s been a while since I have had a pair of  magnepans and wondering which pair to get.

room size is 18 w x 21 L , 8 ft flat ceilings.  This room used to be the master bedroom and still could be, but right now it’s the stereo room.       I did try the 3.6rs in there and they are to big for the room as they didn’t image right.   Before I had those, I had a pair of 2.6qr’s and they were in a different room and really enjoyed
those speakers....and sold them as I took a break for a bit.
do I get a pair of the new MMGi and add a sub ( svs ), or do the get the 1.7 ?

Or are there other ideas for speaker ideas for around $1k to $1500 that image well and have good sound stage?
addyson815
I agree with the others about the room being big enough for 3s. I had IIIs in a 14x22 room and they sounded sublime.
While I agree that your room is probably big enough for the 3.x series, I think you would be very happy with the 1.7i.  I have both the 3.7i and 1.7i.  I think the 1.7i provides very close to the same musical performance as the 3.7i at a much lower price.  I use mine with a REL sub to supplement the very bottom but, in truth, I could live very happily with the 1.7i's alone.

LarryRS 
@secretguy 

the room might be big enough, but when I tried the 3.6r's , they just didnt work.....I dont know if it was due to the low ceiling ( 8 ft )? but they didnt sound right.        

is there a huge difference in the MMG i to the .7 ?     
The MG 1.7 has some stiff competition in the Eminent Technology LFT-8b, another speaker employing magnetic-planar drivers. The ET also contains a ribbon tweeter (10kHz and up) and dynamic woofer (180Hz and down), and is about the same size as the 1.7---13" wide, 5' tall. Occasionally offered second hand for around $1500, it plays a little louder than the 1.7, with deeper bass and a less "wispy" tonality. Instruments and voices are reproduced with more body and weight. A great value.