Does anyone leave their amp and preamp on all the time?

I listen most nights after work. I find that the system takes a while to warm up and sounds it's best if it has been shut off. So I leave it on. I always have and this is vintage stuff. The amp is a 25/25 Bedini class A. It stays warm but never hot. It has never caused an issue but recently I've been speaking with others that were stunned that I would do this. So let me know if I'm the only one that lets it run. Do you shut off the equipment after each session?
vinylfan62
Putting the energy consumption issue to the side here is something to consider in terms of component reliability. I have had two sources tell me that electronic component lifetime is related to the number of power cycles (on/off). This came from discussions with a supercomputer designer as well as discussion with a speaker manufacturer on the topic of crossover design. I would guess that slow start circuits could also reduce the impact of on/off power cycles to a degree. Of course leaving a component powered up all the time does not make sense for a tube amp with the power tube life issues and heat.
  Personally I leave my TRL Dude preamp and Samson monoblocks on all the time unless I leave on vacation.
never turn my gear off but turn volume down when not in use and unplug power strip during tstorm.
I do. I came home after having them off for a weekend, and the sound was pretty hard for two days. Learned my lesson.

However, I run fairly power friendly. Right now it's just my Mytek Brooklyn and a pair of Class D amps, plus the music PC

Best,

E
No worries! We now know that any issues regarding conserving energy are no longer valid as we’ve reached the irreversible tipping point in our impact on climate. Unprecedented massive wildfires cover snow with ash that absorbs sunlight, wild animals in the warming Northeast are driven to their knees by tick infestations, trees are succumbing to disease from warming, the ice caps are melting far faster than anyone expected, reefs are dead or dying all over the globe so it’s "goodbye natural fish," the sea currents and jet stream are being effected causing massive weather changes, and coastal flooding will lead to chaos, massive migration, and unprecedented death and destruction. It’s too late to do a damn thing about it (we may have had a shot in the late 70s or so, but oil interests lobbied and lied us out of that possibility). So hey...be as wasteful as you want as it’s the sound of your gear that counts, not your children’s future.