The RME ADI 2-DAC 32Bit/768kHz

RME is a German Pro Audio company that's been around for 20 years. This is their first real step into home audio. Not only is it a DAC it also serves as a extreme power Headphone output and has a low noise IEM output. RME's Steady clock FS reduces jitter down to a quadrillionth of a second. Most clocks use pico seconds which reduces jitter to a trillionth of a second. The DAC is compatible w/Windows7 and up also MAC and I/Os devices. It has a 5 Band Parametric EQ. For headphones and speakers you can do dual EQ. Being no two ears are the same you can adjust for both ears individually. It also has a detailed Loudness functionThe user can decide how much maximum gain in bass and treble should occur at the lower volume settings. The user also sets the low volume Reference where maximum gain is achieved. The book that comes w/this is 65 pages and I'm still trying to digest it all. The sound stage is big w/plety of air between singer and instruments. The bass is ruler flat. For $1099 it can compete w/many DAC's at twice the price. 
luxmancl38

luxmancl38:

Have been using this since it came out; got one of the first units from Synthax in FL.

It is superb, period. Have been using RME products in the studio since the 1990s and have most of their offerings. This home variation of the ADI-2 Pro is spot on. Many do not know that RME is one of the first to master AD/DA conversion and that their products are as or more sophisticated than anything on the market. They are regularly compared to home product leaders such as Schiit and Benchmark on Gearslutz and have never lost to my knowledge.

Glad you started a thread; will enjoy hearing from others. Synthax told me last week that their latest shipment also sold out (to dealers) immediately and suspect that they will not stay on the shelves long.

My dealer had 3 and he sold out in one week. He has ordered more. He laughed and said, "well there goes the sale of the Chords". My current setup is a Bluesound Node, Bryston 2.5 sst2 amp, Aerial 5T's and a Luxman CL38U-SE. Ihave a small Paradigm Monitor 8 sealed sub and w/this DAC it's sounds like a huge sub. This is truly a great DAC.
My dealer had 3 and he sold out in one week. He has ordered more. He laughed and said, "well there goes the sale of the Chords". My current setup is a Bluesound Node, Bryston 2.5 sst2 amp, Aerial 5T's and a Luxman CL38U-SE. Ihave a small Paradigm Monitor 8 sealed sub and w/this DAC it's sounds like a huge sub. This is truly a great DAC.