Have transports improved for Redbook CD playback?

So I’m contemplating getting a new transport. I own an Oppo BDP-83SE player and a CAL Delta transport. I still use my transport and player for Redbook playback. 

Have transports improved for Redbook CD playback?
128x128celander
I don’t know about transports, but the DACs are MUCH better over the past 10 years for Redbook. Simply stunning by comparison. My guess is the clocks or reclocking circuits have improved, but other things like the common use of quad dac chips for a single channel may also be contributing. 
@jond I’m open on budget for a new transport. 

@erik_squires I ordered an Emperical Audio Synchro-Mesh reclocker. It seems as though that is where a significant improvement in signal processing might arise. 
@celander - I used Wyred4Sound’s version of that. they do work, but the benefits varied. I also use a Squeezebox. With an ARC DAC 8 the Remedy reclocker was an important improvement. When I upgraded to a Mytek Brooklyn it no longer made any difference.

That’s what I mean about the age of the DAC making a big difference. The new one’s seem to be much better at handling jitter, as well as playing back redbook.

Best,

E
As per your previous thread, I don't know what time period your enquiring about. But in a broad brush sweep, I can tell you arguably the best OEM transport mech ever made was the Victor XL-900 as used in the legendary Reimyo CDP-777. But sadly JVC stopped producing that transport. A few manufacturers are still using NOS Phillips CD Pro-2 LF which is probably the best remaining OEM redbook transport around. Though sadly production of that mech has also been stopped.

Esoteric are using the VRDS-NEO transpor mech. Accuphase meanwhile manufacture their own SACD drives in-house which is a smart move.

With your budget however, I would think this fully loaded Modwright Marantz SA8005 sacd player would be hard to beat. And it's dac performance would likely be good enough to sell your current dac - http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649456359-modwright-truth-tube-mod-marantz-sa8005-tube-cd-playerl...