Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Re MicroWalsh SE:
Hi John,
"Soon to be available...." Please define "soon." Please tell us more...
Hi, Gang,

I wrote to John and asked:

What's the deal with the new Micro Walsh SE? New cabinet only, or
changes to the driver, too? (The cat's out of the bag.)

Here's what he said (reposted with his permission):

Hi Steve,

A bit of both. They have a driver more like your Special version except a little recess in the sibilance range (~8kHz) plus a more aggressive SBA to give slightly deeper bass by dropping the minimum impedance to ~4ohms.

The cabinet is the big change with the rounded corners on cabinet & grill and all veneers available at the same higher $1400/pr price.

Good Listening!

John

So there you have it. He also said that the Ohm website would soon be updated with all this information. By the way, the “Special” drivers that John sent me have the tweeter from the 100's in them, with (as I understand it) higher output than the standard Micro Walsh tweeter.
Hey Rebbi, Just caught up with this thread again. Wow, you are on quite an Ohmazing adventure! Sorry for sending you to Totem town, but now that you have visited Ohmville, you know where you want to live.

I have learned a lot from this thread and wonder if the Ohm owner I know might benefit from some of the placement suggestions made here - his system suffers a little in terms of image blurring that may have more to do with improper placement than any inherent character of the Ohm speakers. Anyway, seems as though you are enjoying your system and your audio journey.

Hey Mapman - hope you are doing well too!
Know, I'm good thanks!

The image sharpness was not as good on the original Walsh speakers from the 80's and not up to par with more modern designs IMHO. I owned original Walsh 2's for 25 years prior to the two pair of series 3 I own now for comparison.

Unfortunately, I suspect the originals, which were sold in large #'s in various hifi chains back then, are the OHM Walsh speakers that most people have heard and remember.

If your friends speaks are series 3, I'd bet some placement tuning should resolve things. I've never heard series 2, but I suspect it is somewhere in between in that series 3 uses a different tweeter, though my uderstanding is the Walsh driver is the same as series 2.