Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
  • Uh, if the clamp hurts the sound it’s crap.

Uh, I’m thinking that maybe all record clamps may be "crap." How would one know unless the noise floor was lowered to the point where you could actually hear the "crap?"

Look, I’m not talking about a small reduction in the noise floor here, I’m talking about a DRAMATIC reduction.

Tonight should be fun. Robert and I are going to a house concert to hear a fantastic blue grass group live. It should be a DRAMATIC amount of fun. :-)

Frank
I removed the VPI ring outerclamp soon after I got it. It dulled the sound. I kept the VPI heavyweight clamp though on my TNT VI. LPs sound better with it. More focused and solid sounding. I want to try even more elaborate clamps such as Stillpoints. I traded for a copper ring outerclamp from a Canadian manufacturer whose name I forgot. It is better than the VPI but similar overall effect except on truly warped discs. I use it on those discs where it has a marked benefit.

Frank and my LP tables are as different as night and day. His is a well tempered with associated arm, while mine is the mentioned TNT IV with an modified SME IV.
Wow! What a concert! That was a real tight bluegrass group. The place was packed and every foot was tapping. Nothing like live music to get things into perspective. 

Frank