What is this odd little box I've been storing for years?

I received this switch/pot a few years ago with a used preamp and have never been able to identify it. When I asked the seller he said he didn't know either, he just thought it was part of the preamp (it's not). I wish I could post a picture here - but it's about a 3.5"black cube, with an older brown AC cord, an on/off rocker switch, fuse holder and small attenuator pot on the front. I though it might be a wireless remote switch for a turntable, but can't find any similar images online. Any ventured guesses would greatly helpful
Glenn 
gwbeers
Too bad audiogon won't move out of the dark ages and allow photo uploads......sigh......
Hey I'm agreeing  tooooo Geoffrey 

we want pics  

we want pics

we want pics!!

T212
@ozzy62 “Too bad audiogon won’t move out of the dark ages and allow photo uploads......sigh......”

Well, there’s an app for that!*

(*DISCLAIMER: I REALIZE THAT THE ABOVE PHRASE MAY BE ATTRIBUTABLE TO AN ORIGINAL AUTHOR AND ONE WHICH MAY NOW FALL INTO THE LEXICON OF WESTERN CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION. IN FACT, THE PHRASE MAY BE ADDITIONALLY SUBJECT TO COPYRIGHT PROTECTION IN THE USA AND ELSEWHERE. I HAVE BEEN ACCUSED, TRIED AND CONVICTED OF ARTICLES OF PLAGIARISM IN ONE OF MY ORIGINAL THREADS. MY PUNISHMENT FOR THAT INFRACTION IS BEING STRIPPED OF ALL ACADEMIC CREDIT AND DEGREES FROM AUDIOGON UNIVERSITY. I HEREBY ASSERT MY FAIR USE DEFENSE FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH ALLEGATIONS MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST ME ON THIS THREAD. I FURTHER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RELY UPON ALL COMMON LAW DEFENSES AND/OR OTHER AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES AS NECESSARY TO DEFEND MY USE OF THE ABOVE PHRASE.)
Post removed