Best Rocking Speakers 15K and Under

Been looking around for speakers in the 15K range and under. Most of my music is listened to on Vinyl but recently purchased a Aurender N10 for streaming which I am really happy with. I listen to a very wide range of music, some classical, jazz, classic rock, punk and metal. About 10 years ago I got rid of my 70’s era JBL and Pioneer speakers and they both really played everything well. Now it seems difficult finding the right all around speaker.  FYI, I like playing loud and want to hear the bass, but not wanting to go with subs. 

So far I have listened with my set-up the new Magico A-3 and was impressed. Also on different gear at a dealer Monitor Audio Platinum 300 (I liked) but wasn’t a fan on the same set-up Totem Wind Design, Aerial 7T or ProAc D48R. In fairness to the Proacs I liked the sound but there was a lot of boominess at the dealer and in a fairly large listening area. Might have to go to a different dealer and listen again. Listened to the Legacy Signatures at Audio Doctor and was really impressed. 

So my short list is Magico A-3, Legacy Focus SE, ProAc D-48R. Anything I’m missing that I should hunt down for a demo? I haven’t yet but by the encouragement of my salesman wants me to listen on my exact set-up the Focal Kanta and Sopra  as well. 

Recently switched my front end and although my current speakers sound 100% better still not low enough and the highs become fatiguing afer awhile.
 Currently Gear:
McIntosh C2600 Preamp
McIntosh MC611 Monos
Aurender N10
Dr. Feikert Woodpecker TT with Jelco Tonearm/Koetsu Black Goldline, Denon 301II, Sumiko Blue Point
Speakers Kef Reference 3.

Not willing to change any of my front end, just speakers. (And please no Tektons)
trknomo
@ctsooner Point taken.  But all I can say is that hearing Mahler/large symphony orchestra in full hue and cry on the Harbeths produced the most lifelike sound, from the point of view of scale and sheer majesty, that I've heard from any loudspeaker.  Ever.  How that translates into rock, I don't know.
I’ll also suggest the JBL 4367’s as I used to own them. I work for a dealer that sells B&W, PMC, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Dynaudio, McIntosh etc. As a stereo fanatic and installer, I have listened with interest to all of their models in homes and at the showroom.   I prefer the JBL's which we don't sell.

I now own JBL M2’s, which I find a bit less harsh than the 4367’s on most music. They are more harsh on the eyes though, Haha!
twoleftears750 posts08-02-2018 1:40pm@ctsooner Point taken. But all I can say is that hearing Mahler/large symphony orchestra in full hue and cry on the Harbeths produced the most lifelike sound, from the point of view of scale and sheer majesty, that I've heard from any loudspeaker. Ever. How that translates into rock, I don't know.

I"m sure you do.  That's why you love them, but a top speaker will be great on everything.  Ask any of the top designers privately adn they will tell you the same thing.  Harbeths are a really sweet speaker, but not the last word for micro and macro detail.  They don't 'disappear'.  Those are their trade offs. All equipment has trade offs and that's why they all sound differently.  Designers also have different likes and dislikes along with different set of ears and brains :)....

I find many speakers to be boosted 1-3db on the top end (anywhere from 8k up) and it hurts my ears over the long haul.  It just does. There are a couple of speakers (forget which ones) that are boosted a spec up there (it gives the illusion of a larger soundstage) and I don't notice it. I have a pair of Empire Ears Phantoms CIEM's that have that little boost and I love them.  A true reference quality CIEM. We all like different flavors.
Well finally made my decision after listening to just about everything imaginable. Had the Magico A3’s at the top of my list. Went to listen to them one more time and AB’d against Focal Kanta 2, Focal Sopra 2 and Sonus Faber Olympica iii. The Magico won hands done. Only problem was 4-6mth wait with a 5K deposit down..Ouch...too long to wait.

So knowing this I decided to go to CAF the next weekend. . Listened to the entire Legacy line and had incredible help from the staff in the booth and at the end if seemed like the Signature SE’s would best fit my room. Did a couple more rounds listening to everything else I could and when I came back to Legay I knew thats what I wanted. 

Picked them up this morning and been playing a wide variety of music and so far everything sounds really good. Can’t wait to get some more time on these and fully break them in. So my search is officially over !!